Best In Class Ltd
Are you an experienced Secondary School Science Technician looking for your new role? Are you a recent science university graduate with laboratory experience looking for an entry level technician role in an educational setting? If so please read on…
On behalf of an ‘Ofsted rated ‘Good’ secondary school in Bradford, we are seeking to appoint a Laboratory Technician for a September 2023 start with a handover for the last few weeks of term. You will be fully supported during the start to build understanding of the current prep room, chemical handling procedures and the current COSH form procedures.
The role involves assisting the science faculty in delivering lessons and performing demonstrations and experiments by coordinating the use and maintenance of the schools/ science departments practical resources and facilities, including lab-spaces, lab equipment, safety equipment, chemicals etc.
Requirements for the role:
• Previous Lab base experience from previous employment or studies
• Ability to comply with safe storage and usage of equipment and chemicals
• Provide key support to the science department in regards to health and safety concerns
• Child workforce DBS (or be willing to have one)
A summary of the successful candidates’ responsibilities are to:
• Support science lessons across different Key Stages
• Maintenance of lab spaces, equipment, protective equipment and materials
• Providing support with the usage of different equipment and chemicals
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org