Best In Class Ltd
We are seeking a compassionate and dedicated Special Educational Needs TA to join an incredibly vibrant and inclusive primary school based in BD8. The role is to commence immediately, on a long term basis until July 2024; this role has potential to be a long term contract for the right candidate that will extend into September 2024. The successful candidate will provide essential support to students with special educational needs, ensuring that the support provided to them allows for access to a high-quality education. You will create opportunities for students to reach their full potential in an environment where they feel safe and comfortable to explore a range of resources, materials and technology.
Your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the classroom teacher and SENCO to implement individualised education plans and support strategies for students with SEN
- Provide one-to-one or small group support to students, delivering tailored interventions and activities designed to enhance learning, develop skills and promote independence
- Assist students with personal care, mobility and communication needs, as required, ensuring their health, safety and wellbeing are prioritised
- Foster positive relationships with students, building trust, rapport and confidence to promote engagement, motivation, and self esteem
- Collaborate colleagues to create inclusive environments, adapting teaching materials, resources, and instructional strategies to meet the diverse needs of students
- Monitor students progress and behaviour, recording observations and collecting data to inform ongoing assessments, evaluations and advjustments to support plans
- Communicate effectively with parents, guardians and other stakeholders, providing regular updates on student progress, achievements and areas for development
- Participate in training, professional development, and team meetings, staying informed about best practices in special education and contributing to the continuous improvements of support services
The successful candidate for this role will be adaptable, well organised and resilient; this role will include some challenges that you will face throughout the day but it is important that you have the skillset to manage these well to maintain a balanced learning environment. You will have a genuine passion for supporting students with diverse learning needs and want to make a difference in each students life. The school are looking for a candidate who has strong interpersonal skills, patience and empathy. You will be a team player, working together to contribute to a positive, inclusive and diverse school culture.
If you are looking for a role that allows you to flourish and showcase your natural abilities of supporting students with additional learning needs, then this could be the role for you! The school have modern facilities and resources designed specifically to enhance the learning experience for students and make the lives of teachers and support staff easier. At the heart of the community, the school push to hold events, initiatives and outreach programs to support everyone within the community.
The successful candidate must have:
- Qualifications relating to the role, ideally Level 3 or above
- Experience working with people with learning difficulties
- An enhanced DBS that is registered to the update service
- Two suitable references covering the past two years
- Right to work in the U.K
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com